The American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA) and NASA will be hosting a webinar on Wednesday February 10 at 10 a.m. EST. During the moderated virtual event, discussions will be focused on the technology innovations with NASA’s Mars Perseverance rover.
Perseverance is the Mars rover that launched from Earth last summer. The Perseverance Mission’s main objective is to search for signs of ancient life on Mars and to collect samples of rock to possibly bring back to Earth. The Perseverance Rover will be landing at the Jezero Crater on Mars on February 18, 2021.
Participating in the webinar are:
- Tory Bruno, CEO, United Launch Alliance
- Wanda Sigur, chair, National Academies of Sciences, Engineering and Medicine Space Technology Industry-Government-University Roundtable
- Wanda Peters, deputy associate administrator for programs, Science Mission Directorate, NASA Headquarters in Washington
- Trudy Kortes, director of technology demonstrations, Space Technology Mission Directorate, NASA Headquarters
- Bob Balaram, chief engineer, Ingenuity Mars helicopter, NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Southern California
The event will be streamed on NASA’s Youtube and on AIAA’s event page.
For more space content follow us on Instagram.